At Periwinkle Preschool we recognise and respect that children are unique individuals on a path of learning. We welcome each child and their family openly on their learning journey.
Periwinkle’s approach to early childhood education is guided by the indications of Rudolf Steiner – a platform from which we embrace and link our daily practices to the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard (part of the Australian Government’s National Quality Framework for early childhood education and care).
Rudolf Steiner spoke about the experiences that are essential for the healthy development of the young child.
• love and warmth
• an environment that nourishes the senses
• creative and artistic experiences
• meaningful adult activity to be imitated
• self-initiated, free, imaginative play
• protection of the forces of childhood
• gratitude, reverence and wonder
• joy, humour and happiness
• early childhood educators on a path of inner development
More information on how each of these experiences is incorporated into Periwinkle’s program is provided in the article ‘The Essentials of Rudolf Steiner Early Childhood Education’ which can be found in our handbook.